This list of points are so good, I just had to repost them:
This quote is from fooducate.com
1. The Biggest Loser shames its participants as if they are lazy. A study published in the journal Obesity concluded that watching just one episode leads viewers to dramatically increase their own hateful biases towards obese people.
2. The Biggest Loser idolizes fast and unhealthy weight loss. Some participants lost as much as 20 pounds a week. A healthy pace is 1-2 pounds a week at most. This lets the body and digestive system gradually adapt to the new weight.
3. The Biggest Losers gain most, if not all, their weight back. Around 80-90% of the show’s participants have gotten back to their starting weight. The ones that stayed slim are working as trainers so are heavily involved in the field.
4. The Biggest Loser destroys its contestants’ metabolism. The regimen of many hours of exercise paired with limited caloric intake led to a metabolism slowdown of 500 more calories per day compared to a gradual weight loss regimen. This metabolism change means that a person is allowed to eat 500 calories less per day compared to someone who lost weight over a longer period of time.
5. The Biggest Loser causes irreparable damage to its contestants’ health – whether the skeletal system (knees, ankles), thyroid, or emotional health.
6. Some of the show’s sponsors are companies promoting fake foods such as Kraft fat-free cheese, energy Drinks.